This STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH article incorporates spoilers.
Whereas it’s too early to rely out the Scrapper Guild patrols who management the starship graveyard, the actual risk this week comes from inside. Wrecker’s management chip prompts, plunging him into an Order 66-induced rage. The Batch wants the assistance of an previous pal to take away their chips as soon as and for all.
Check out all the Star Wars threads The Unhealthy Batch pulled on this week…
Clone Captain Rex returns to the Star Wars animated universe! For many who don’t know, he’s a long-standing character from The Clone Wars, second solely to the central solid of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala, and Ahsoka Tano. On that present, he was usually hooked up to Anakin and Ahsoka, and developed a robust rapport with each of them.
At the end of The Clone Wars, Ahsoka succeeded with nice issue in eradicating Rex’s management chip earlier than the opposite clones may kill her as a part of the new Emperor’s Order 66. He needed to see the dying of these clones first hand, with led him to the conclusion that they died on the mistaken aspect of the conflict.
He’s met the Unhealthy Batch earlier than as a part of their mission on the planet Anaxes, the place they collectively found Echo was nonetheless alive after being captured and remodeled by the Separatists. Rex was keen on Echo from once they had beforehand served collectively, and have been distressed by the Separatists having turned him right into a residing laptop.
Rex seems to be the individual the Martez sisters have been contacting final week. It is sensible that he would know them, since he was shut with Ahsoka, whom first met Rafa and Hint in The Clone Wars. She seemingly put him in contact with the sisters. “Battle Scars” additionally implies Rex remains to be in contact with Ahsoka herself as she tries to combat in opposition to the Empire with out placing a goal on her personal again.
Omega notes that Rex is a “Gen 1” clone. This isn’t actually a technical time period that has been used with any specificity in Star Wars previously. Nevertheless, it may be presumed to imply the primary batch of clones, those deployed at Geonosis in Attack of the Clones.
Rex additionally mentions Fives, the clone trooper who found the inhibitor chips and was killed as a part of the fallout of that discovery.
– Bracca’s ship breaking yards are maybe finest often called the setting of the opening missions of the online game Jedi: Fallen Order. Former Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis works there whereas trying to cover from the Empire. Technically, the planet was first talked about in Resistance Reborn, the The Rise of Skywalker tie-in novel which was launched shortly earlier than the sport.
– The Scrapper Guild patrols are a brand new addition. Whereas that is most likely only a coincidence reasonably than an precise connection or nod, their masks are sort of harking back to Darth Revan’s masks from Knights of the Old Republic.
– Among the many rubble of the scrapyard could be seen quite a lot of ships together with Republic cruisers. Within the hangar the place the Unhealthy Batch land, you may as well see the Y-wing Rex used to flee the cruiser crash in The Clone Wars finale.
The Unhealthy Batch’s Errand
– The Rhokai, from whom the Unhealthy Batch appear to have stolen a lizard within the episode’s chilly open, are additionally model new. We are able to infer that they’re some sort of spacefaring gang or smugglers, however there’s no info aside from that. It’s good to have one thing new to make the Star Wars universe proceed to really feel larger, although.
– The lizard, whom Omega nicknames Ruby throughout her transient time with the Unhealthy Batch, additionally seems to be a model new species. We predict she seems to be a bit bit like a real-world pangolin.
The put up Star Wars: The Bad Batch Episode 7 Easter Eggs Explained appeared first on Den of Geek.